Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Cat Lady, Hat Lady

I feel like all I wear lately is my preschool-teacher smock and its accompanying drool-and-mashed-potato-caked jeans. Toddlers are messy! and exhausting. When I get home, all I want to do is shower, put on some sweats and go to bed. It was nice to dress like myself for once, ahh.  Also, you can't tell very well in these pictures, but I dyed my hair! it's kinda coppery red.


OUTFIT DETAILS:
sweatshirt: thrifted
bandana: thrifted
hat: thrifted
skirt: thrifted
belt: thrifted
shoes: minnetonka
cat lady brooch: stoic + pariah handmade (listed here)



Right after I came back inside from taking photos, we got some crazy sun showers, which resulted in a perfect rainbow! We could see the end of it, right in our yard - but when we tried to run toward it, it just kept getting further away, hahaha. Tricky illustions. Oh, what fun though :) The lighting was amazing. I tried to take some pictures, but it just didn't do it any justice. So we just used our EYES to look at it, haha.

Sometimes I have to resist the urge to record everything photographically, 'cause otherwise I forget to experience it myself, with all my senses, and I start treating it like a memory while it's still happening. Sometimes taking photos helps make something memorable, but sometimes you just have to live it and leave the camera at home. Not all the time - just sometimes. Ya know what I mean?

Anyway. I should probably get out of these wet clothes and change into those sweats now, so I can go watch netflix & fall asleep. I hope you like the outfit! It feels so nice to get out of my grubby work clothes and stop feeling like preschool teacher.

-Elizabeth

PS: fourth season of arrested development in less than a week! are you guys excited or what?

15 comments:

  1. I am in love with that scarf! + the cat lady pin is pretty rad :)
    I totally agree with you. I get so carried away with taking pictures, I forget to enjoy things! I regret not taking a bunch of photos on mine and my guys anniversary date, but at the same time, it was so nice to just ENJOY every little moment without worrying about whether or not I took a picture of my amazing meal before I ate it. Wise words, lady! :)
    xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thanks!! :) and, yes! I get carried away with picture-taking too. it's nice to have those vague, magical memories that don't have any photographic proof of ever happening, haha. those are special ones :)

      Delete
  2. cuteeee. i dig your style, missy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, as usual! I'm such a sucker for anything polka dot, so naturally I'm in love with the skirt. And you look so cute in a hat! Which I'm incredibly jealous about.

    And aaaahhh, Arrested Development!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! :) I have a habit of hoarding hats and then NEVER wearing them, haha. so I figured I should probably start, haha :)

      and, yes!! arrested development!! I rewatched all the previous seasons before watching the 4th season, so it was especially shocking to see how much everyone's aged, hahaha

      Delete
  4. Aw I love this, Elizabeth!! You have the cutest style, and your little brooches always finish them off perfectly. Love the hat, and your hair looks really nice! I love the color. Hope you are having a great Memorial Day :)

    ~Alyssa
    www.butterfliesonmars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alyssa!! :) my hair's already fading back to my normal color, hahaha. I might have to give it another go. I had a pretty good memorial day - no sunshine, but lots of food!! :) I hope you had a good one, too!!! :)

      Delete
  5. You're so cute! I really like your blog. Good stuff!

    Your new follower,
    Mandy
    Nestled in Nostalgia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thank you!!! :) I'm following you, too!! (on bloglovin', since gfc will cease to be soon)....

      loving your blog! :)

      Delete
  6. Just want to say that your pictures are extremely beautiful! And your blog is just amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look super cute! And I love that handmade brooch of yours.
    I'm going to follow you now!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thanks! :) following you, too! on bloglovin & etsy - I love your illustration style :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...