Tuesday, January 1, 2013

1960s Cocktail Party Fun!

For New Year's Eve, we threw a 1960s cocktail party at our house. It was so much fun! Low lighting, old records constantly a-spin, and toothpick-stabbed appetizers galore. We scored a fancy metal cocktail shaker at the thrift store, to make fancy things like manhattans and martinis. (But I ended up just drinking spiced rum & coke all night, heehee!)
Most of our friends play music, so we cleared out the living room and set up all our music equipment so we could have a sort of open mic with all our friends. (My favorite part of the night was when Franklin & our friend Henry played weezer songs from the blue album. Oh, sweet nostalgia.)



A video of our friends Jeremy (Leaf Colors)&  Henry (The Fortnight) playing Auld Lang Syne. It is so much fun to listen to drunk people play music. It's all sorts of chaotic hollering and clattering madness, I love it. I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve! My resolution is to be more social, and go on more adventures. What about you guys?

-Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. Hey lady! This is awesome!! What a great idea for a New Year's Eve party, and the 60s are my favorite :) My resolution is to start writing in my blog more and self-love. Haha, that sounds really funny, but basically I just mean taking care of myself and accepting myself for everything that I am, and not getting down on myself when I don't "measure up" to my own standards. It looks like you've already gotten a great start to your resolution! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy new year to you too! and, those are great resolutions. I need to do the same, in regard to the self-love (and writing in the blog more, actually!). I should just steal your resolutions and add it to mine ;D haha. I hope I do get to see more of your blog posts! I really super dig 'em.

      Delete
  2. I need to be friends with you so I can come to your fun music dirnking parties. I went to a derby party of my friends parents funny enough once that was similar to what was going on in the video there - it's one of my favorite memories. I love your outfit too - the little hair scarf is totally adorable

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yes! well, if you're ever in the neighborhood, I will throw another musical drinking party, just for you! haha. musical drunkenness is pretty much always good times. (especially when that involves karaoke, teehee.)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...