Sunday, September 29, 2013

Winter is coming.

Natural lighting is hard to come by these days.
I've been working on brooches, but the lighting's never quite right for taking good pictures for my etsy listings. I think I'm going to have to construct a light box or something. I've kinda been ignoring the bad weather, and pretending it's nice enough to wear cropped cardigans and short skirts. It's not. But I'll keep pretending. I'm super obsessed with pony-tails & knee highs right now.
OUTFIT DETAILS:
sweater, shirt, skirt, belt: thrifted
knee highs: old navy
red moccs: minnetonka
game of thrones brooch: stoic + pariah handmade

In other news, Franklin started school again, so I decided to start working on kid's songs while Franklin's in class. I figured if I can do a song a week, then we could have enough material for a kid's album or something by the end of the quarter. Anyway, I made a song last week about kids waking up early from nap. I work in the toddler room at my preschool, and when those little ones start waking up from nap, they usually try to make lots of noise to wake up everyone else, haha. This song is for those kids:



Anyway, I hope I can stay on track with my goal of making one song a week!
We'll see!

-Elizabeth

7 comments:

  1. I love your outfit, and oh my god. That song was the cutest thing ever. Kinda reminds me of some Kimya Dawson vibes, yknow!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thank you! I love kimya dawson, so now I feel all flattered and stuff, teehee. thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Adorable as always! And that brooch is super rad.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit, It's super cute!! And the song and the brooch *-*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Elizabeth- I love your little song :) This is a wonderful idea too, a kids album would be so much fun- and you could tell all the parents at your preschool about it and play it at nap time!!! By the way- I don't know if you got my email- but I was wondering if you received my letter through mail forwarding or anything. I put a small gift in there and covered in with glittery stickers so I really hope there's some way you can still get it :/ My address is the same too, so feel free to send your letter along! And when you can please send me your new address some I can send you new letters :) Hope you have a wonderful week! xo

    ~Alyssa
    www.butterfliesonmars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thank you :) and, oh man, imagine how fun it'd be to play a kid's show, haha! and, yes! I got your letter! it totally made my day :) and I sent your package out yesterday! :) The estimated delivery is thursday (oct.3). I have some goodies in there for ya ;D

      I'll send you my new address in an email (because I think I put the shipping sticker over the return address on the package, oops!)

      Delete
  5. Such a cute brooch, your creations are awesome <3
    Chamomile Dealer

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...