Monday, July 15, 2013

Summertime Clothes

Outfit Details:
Everything: thrifted
Shoes: Minnetonka

I'm really bad at dressing for warm weather. Like, getting dressed kinda stresses me out in the summertime - what am I supposed to do without sweaters?! I've found that if I stick to this formula, though, I'll be okay: an airy skirt + a tank top + an overshirt. The overshirt kinda satisfies my need for layers without making me feel all hot and miserable.

In other news: I just got back from a crazy last minute road trip to-and-from Southern California. My grandma passed away last week, and Franklin, my sister & I drove down to attend her funeral. The drive is about 20 hours each way, and we didn't stop to rest. It was crazy. I don't think I've known what true exhaustion was before this weekend, haha. I'm glad we went, though. Funerals are important for your soul, I think.

Anyway, I hope ya'll are having a great summer!
I'm going to go drink a few whiskey-gingers & call it a night.

-Elizabeth


8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. Cute outfit though, and love the shoes.

    If you have the time:
    Mia at earlgreydays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most perfect boater hat, and while I love summer, I found myself longing for a cozy sweater for the first time the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your grandma, Elizabeth. It is good that you got to go on your journey, (exhausting as it was). You look super cute too, and I love the way you layer. I kind of have that need to layer in the summer time too, I've gotten a little more used to not doing it, but I love that you understand my necessity for it (haha!). Love the combination of colors, textures and styles in your outfit, and that hat is just too perfect!

    xo, Alyssa
    www.butterfliesonmars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your grandma. That's a really cute summer outfit though. The colors & style reminds me a lot of my own wardrobe. I love moccasins & airy tops & bottoms in the summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, this is so fun! I hear you, dressing without layers sucks. I miss cardigans and tights like crazy.

    I'm so sorry about your grandma :( Hope you're doing okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "What am I supposed to do without sweaters?!" Honestly, you've summed up my entire summer with one sentence. I'm in distress without layers and long sleeves. Also, I'm sorry about your grandmother! I'm glad you traveled to the funeral, though, because it helps with getting closure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss you, Elizabeth! Hope you're doing well :) I think I might write you a letter soon <3

    xo, Alyssa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...