Saturday, November 24, 2012

Liebster Award, huzzah!

Howdy, folks! Trish from jellybonesblog.blogspot.com nominated me for a Liebster Award, and I feel all honored and stuff :) Thank you, Trish!


THE DETAILS:
-Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
-They must also answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them.
-They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
-They must then choose 11 special bloggers to tag & award with the Liebster award with less than 200 followers.
-These lucky bloggers must be told in a comment on their blog






1.
Food is my biggest weakness. I wouldn't be broke all the time if it weren't for Thai food.

2. I'm married to my best friend! I met him on livejournal about 8 years ago, and he was my best blog friend ever! We just happened to live in the same small town, but we're both a couple of social weirdos so we didn't work up the courage to hang out in person until about two years ago, haha. and now we're married! and we're still livejournal friends :)

3. I'm really into signs and coincidences and numerology and stuff.

4. When I was a little kid, I had an imaginary friend named Cool Cat. I met him in a dream. He was a cartoon cat (kind of drawn in the style of Oliver & Co.) and he wore blue overalls. We would meet between the window and the curtain (where cats live!). Yeah. He was cool.

5. I haven't been to the dentist in like, 6 years. I hate going to the dentist, and the longer I go without seeing one, the more scared I am of going.

6. My favorite colors are: mustard yellow, burnt orange & kelly green.

7. I'm really into the idea of meditating, and I try to stay conscious of my thoughts and actions, but I'm not very good at it.

8. I have a tendency to be kind of a hermit. I'm socially awkward and sometimes the thought of hanging out with people freaks me out. I've been trying to break out of that, though.

9. Franklin & I have a dream to buy some land and build a stick-built yurt on it. First we're workin' on paying off all our credit cards, and then, we shall begin the process of saving!

10. My dream is to write and illustrate children's books. I'm working on one right now, and my goal is to finish it before I turn 25 (I've got 3 months left, yikes!)

11. I used to be really obsessed with keyboards and synthesizers, and the sight of a moog liberation would nearly bring me to tears. I still want one. Some day…






1. Why did you get into blogging?
I first started this blog to document every sort of creative project that Franklin & I worked on. We figured it would motivate us to stay busy with projects, and it has! It's become much more than that, now, though :)

2. What is your favorite season? Oh man. Fall is my favorite. I just love it when the sky is clear and the sun is out, but it's ridiculously cold and my windshield is frozen over. It confuses and delights me.

3. Elvis or the Beatles? The Beatles!

4. What is your favorite November food? Does custard pie count as a November food? I feel like it's hard to find a custard pie until November rolls around. Mmmm. I love custard pie.

5. What is your perfect Saturday afternoon? Thai food, iced coffee, a visit to the library, and antique shopping with Franklin.

6. Are you young at heart, or an old soul? (or both.) Maybe a little bit of both. Young at heart, in the sense that I'm still confused and frustrated by the way the world works? but an old soul in the sense that I seem to worry a lot about self-realization and consciousness and things. but I don't know if that's even an indication of an old soul, haha.

7. Do you have an idol?  If so, who? I really dig Charlyne Yi. Her art and her music and her comedy. She's so creative in so many different ways, and everything she makes is so full of innocence and honesty. "I never know what I’m doing.  I just like doing it. " ahh, love her.

8. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? If I could travel anywhere, with the promise of NO PLANE CRASHES (I'm terribly afraid of planes, and so is Franklin, and his fear makes mine even worse) then I'd like to revisit Greece and Hawaii. I've been to both places, but I'd really like to go enjoy it with Franklin.

9. City or country gal? I definitely prefer living in the country. The sights & the smells: trees galore, and the smell of wood fireplaces in the morning. We usually only go down into Seattle for shows - the driving and parking stresses me out!

10. Are you a hopeless romantic? Yes, for sure!

11. Any words of encouragement from one small-blog blogger to another? Um, let's see...don't feel bad to take breaks! Sometimes you get a lot on your plate and the blog just has to be put on the backburner for a little bit, but it's okay! We'll still be here when you get back :)






Well. Not quite 11. Not even close. But here are my nominations!

Alyssa from http://butterfliesonmars.blogspot.com/
Elana from http://room-334.blogspot.com/
Amanda from http://salvagedstrawberry.blogspot.com/

(and I would have picked Erica from caughtonawhim.blogspot.com, but Trish beat me to it!)







1.
What's your favorite album (or band, or song) to listen to in the winter?
2. If you won 1 million dollars, how would you spend it?
3. What's your favorite section in the thrift store?
4. Do you have any weird collections?
5. What's your favorite childhood memory?
6. If you had to lose one of your senses (taste, smell, sight, sound, touch), which would you rather go without?
7. What's your favorite candy?
8. If you were forced to sing karaoke right now, what song would you sing?
9. What is your all-time favorite movie?
10. What do you hope to be doing 5 years from now?
11. What's your favorite swear word?

Well that was fun! I'm excited to see your answers!
Thanks again to Trish for the nomination! 'twas an honor & a delight, madam.

-Elizabeth






4 comments:

  1. CoNgRaTs!!!! I love reading more about the bloggers behind the blogs I read. So great to know more about you.

    Food is a huge expense for me each month too! I always spend waaaaay too much at the grocery store. Borderline embarrassing. (Thai food is super awesome too, of course!)

    Oh, Hawaii is amazing, but I've not made it to Greece yet. It's on my list...

    I loved the story of how you and your husband met. :)

    Also, I had to look up what a yurt was.

    P.S. Thanks so much for thinking of nominating me. I'm honored. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thanks! It's so funny how stingy I am when it comes to big purchases or clothing or something, but food? money is no object when it comes to food, haha. my grocery receipt is always embarrassingly long, haha.

      and, aren't yurts pretty cool? we wanna make a stick built yurt - so it's less like a fancy tent and more like an actual house ;D but land is hard to get a loan for, so we gotta save save save!

      Delete
  2. Elizabeth! I loved reading about you! You are even more adorable than I had thought. I've never heard of custard pie.... i'll have to check that out. :)
    I love hearing about your adventures with Franklin, and good luck on writing that children's book! Such a wonderful goal.
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOD!!! you haven't heard of custard pie?! after I made this post, I went to safeway, and they totally have it in their bakery section right now! you should go buy one and eat it. NOW!!! you're really missin' out lady.

      and thank you thank you :) heehee

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...